anyone using 64 GB Ballistix RAM?

Kilobyte Kid

anyone using 64 GB Ballistix RAM?

I currently have 4 16 gb sticks Ballistix DDR4 2400 RAM I cannot use.  The RAM is incompatible with the motherboard I purchased, which now runs 4 sticks G.Skill RAM.  I'm not having much luck finding ANY motherboard capable of using this RAM, and would dearly like to use it.  I cannot return the RAM, so I'm stuck unless I can install it.  I want to install it all on one motherboard.  Anyone have experience with this RAM at the capacity I'm looking to install?  I don't care what processor - I just need a motherboard that is known to work with this RAM at 64 GB.

4 Replies
Community Manager

Re: anyone using 64 GB Ballistix RAM?

@rg500g Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry for the late reply. What is the full part number on the memory module that you have? We don't have a guide that shows all motherboards compatible with a particular memory stick, but on a basic search it looks like a MSI Z370 Gaming Plus motherboard uses a lot of Ballistix upgrades, has 4 slots, and maxes out at 16GB of RAM. The Asus Strix Z370's also use many of these 16GB  Ballistix modules. I hope this helps with some of your search for motherboards that handle these modules. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

This is my part number, read directly from the stick:  BLS16G4D240FSC.16FBD.  I have four of them desperately needing a home.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi rg500g,

Yes, it looks like those Z370 models (made by a variety of manufacturers) do take this memory. I am sure there are a number of others. If you have any particular motherboards in mind I would be happy to check into the compatibility for you. That is the easiest way for us to check compatibility.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I have no particular preference for motherboard, or CPU.  The sole criterion is accepting 4 sticks of 16 GB DDR4 2400 Ballistix RAM and posting 64GB.  I'm literally building the system around the RAM in order to make use of it.  I am not concerned about downclocking, and expect 1866 if an AMD processor based motherboard is identified.  It would seem that I did my RAM homework a little too late, so here I am.