Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
Vinn

Crucial M4 128Gb Win7 random freeze

[ Edited ]

My comp keeps randomly freezing in Win7.  Applied the LMP fix and it seems to have gotten better but still happens.  I noticed that it mostly happens when I'm using my firefox or IE browser.  It can happen even when I'm not doing anything but rarely.  Ran Memtest and OCCT for 3 hrs each and they both came back fine with no freezing during the tests.

It's a i7 920 4.0ghz on a Asus Rampage II Extreme with 6gig of ram.

Any suggestion to fix this would be appreciated!!

Vinn

Kilobyte Kid
sotu

Re: Crucial M4 128Gb Win7 random freeze

hey this sounds like what I am experiencing too. Is your freeze kinda like.. Mouse disappears and the screen locks up (no longer has anything changing) and also you cant use ctrl+alt+del at this point? 

is your system creating a dmp file in the c:\windows\minidump or are there events in the eventvwr? I think its related to the SSD but I am still trying to diagnose this myself so if you can let me know what your "freezing" is like it will help.

Binary Boss
Zippo

[ Edited ]

I have been using a 256GB M4 for months without issue.  I had to do the LPM fix when I first got it.  Starting Friday my laptop freezes about every 60 minutes and I have to hard boot it.  

Kilobyte Kid
sotu

in reply to Zippo

cool bro... that doesnt help.. please define your freezing.. is it locking up in the sense that..

1.) All animations on the screen stop where they are

2.) Music that was playing stops

3.) The mouse disappears

4.) Iceman flies through your window and ices up your face...

5.) 1, 2 and 3

Thanks zippo

Binary Boss
Zippo

I posted more information in a different thread: http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Freezing-of-the-OS-on-the-Crucial-M4/m-p/76838#M...

Music still plays, my cursor moves, I can bring some windows into focus but for the most part everything is unresponsive.  After a minute or two I get the 0x000000F4 BSOD.  I configured my laptop to save minidumps, but even when it crashes, no dumps can be found.  If you notice in the BSOD error it says "physical memory dump FAILED".  I believe at this point the drive is unresponsive and requires a hard reboot to bring it back online.  I imaged my M4 to a new hard drive and now it works perfectly.  I am planning to RMA my drive to Crucial.  I just find it weird that other people are suddenly having this issue.  

Memory Leak Geek
eppo

in reply to Zippo

Is there a solution? I have the exactly the same problem! My problem is described here

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

This particular issue was a firmware bug fixed in 0309 and newer

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Memory Leak Geek
eppo

in reply to targetbsp

Well i have 000f and have still the freezes.

What to do now?

Bit Baby
Amaury

I'm getting the same thing on my Lenovo x220. I have model m4-ct512m4ssd1 with the latest firmware 040h and getting random BSODs, specifically when writing to the drive.

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

in reply to Amaury

What is the exact model number of your Lenovo? Is it a clean OS installation or did you clone it? Are you using MSAHCI driver or Intel RST driver? Did you try to apply LPM registry fix? Would you be able to get SMART data from your drive with CrystalDiskInfo as a screenshot or with copy option? You could try to check your W7 event viewer in order to see what kind of errors it logs and is there any information that could be useful for you.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Our Latest Posts