Crucial m4 firmware 010G is now available

Community Manager

Crucial m4 firmware 010G is now available

[ Edited ]

Revision Firmware 010G for the 2.5 inch m4 and 01MG for the Crucial mSATA are now available.  If you are updating the firmware on the Crucial Adrenaline drive, you must uninstall the dataplex software before attempting the firmware update.  Also, you can not use version 010G to update the Crucial mSATA, or 01MG to update the Crucial 2.5 inch m4.  Please visit the following link to download this firmware update:

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Release Date: 09/25/2012

Firmware for the Crucial m4 2.5” SSD is being updated from version 000F to 010G.

The m4 is updatable to this new firmware starting from any previous version in a single step.

This is an OPTIONAL update for any drive in the field. It is only recommended if the end user is experiencing an issue related to the following items.
Do NOT use any other m4 firmware update for your 2.5” SSD such as the 01MG firmware for the mSATA form factor.

Version 010G includes the following changes:

• Improved Trim response time
  • Improved power-on-to-ready time (known as POR, or TTR for Time-to-ready)
  • Improved resume-time from low power modes, and improved reliability of warm reboot
  • Improved power consumption by disabling HIPM (Host Initiated Power Management)

Additional details can be found in the firmware guide

Please use this thread to provide feedback.

Guru, Crucial Moderator, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
377 Replies
Binary Boss

Re: Crucial m4 firmware 010G is now available

Installed here on 4 of mine. Everything looks good... write access times went up again! It's getting comedic, actually.
Kilobyte Kid

I have a 256 GB Crucial m4 SSD with the 0F firmware but when I download and run the Windows 7 updater for this new firmware from the root of my C: drive I'm told that I have no SSD drives that need updating!
Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.7 GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe v2209, 12 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1,600 MHz RAM, 2 x 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (SLI), Creative X-FI Titanium HD, 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD + 4 TB HDDs, 2 x BD-ROM/DVD-Rewriters, Cooler Master Silent M850 PSU, Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]
Same here. The increase in write response time would be a side effect of improving trim response time
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]
Hello,I downloaded the firmware 010G on the english website because it is not available on the french website. But when I launch the program, it told me that the SSD is not recognized. Why ?Thank you I have the SSD crucial m4 256G with the firmware 000F.
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

tommyv2 wrote:
Installed here on 4 of mine. Everything looks good... write access times went up again! It's getting comedic, actually.

Maybe they(Crucial) can ask Plextor to make them one good Firmware for ours M4.

Dual Channel Surfer

I went to the download page and noticed this:

This firmware update does not support UEFI. If you are using a UEFI based system please do not download this Firmware. As soon as we have a Firmware Update that will work in these applications we will release it.

So does this mean you should not attempt to update the firmware in a UEFI system (but you can run an updated drive in a UEFI system), or you should not use it on any drive with a EFI system partition, or on a drive using GPT, or it's only a problem if you boot in UEFI mode, but if you have a UEFI motherboard but boot in legacy mode it's o.k. or perhaps it means something else?

Some clarification might be needed here.

Kilobyte Kid

fRe: Crucial m4 firmware 010G is now available

[ Edited ]

It means that they made firmware,but that firmware is for nobody because if someone dont have UEFI till today he probably plan to buy motherboard with UEFI.

SODIMM Sherpa

alex486 wrote:

I went to the download page and noticed this:

This firmware update does not support UEFI. If you are using a UEFI based system please do not download this Firmware. As soon as we have a Firmware Update that will work in these applications we will release it.

So does this mean you should not attempt to update the firmware in a UEFI system (but you can run an updated drive in a UEFI system), or you should not use it on any drive with a EFI system partition, or on a drive using GPT, or it's only a problem if you boot in UEFI mode, but if you have a UEFI motherboard but boot in legacy mode it's o.k. or perhaps it means something else?

Some clarification might be needed here.

Oops. I missed that part and updated it anyways.

Kilobyte Kid

Oops. I missed that part and updated it anyways.

Is everything OK.