Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Crucial_maulmod

Firmware Update Notifications

Hello,

This thread has been created for you keep up to date with any firmware releases we may have for our SSDs.  It is purely for notification so it is read-only, whenever a firmware is released, we will create a separate thread for feedback & questions.  

To subscribe to this thread (or any thread in the community) you must be a registered user.  Then click on the 'Topic Options' drop down menu at the top left of the page, and select 'Subscribe' from the list.  You will then receive email notifications as we update this thread.

Thanks

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Firmware Update Notifications

in reply to Crucial_maulmod

Hello,

Just to keep everyone updated we are still working on the firmware update and it should be available within the next couple of weeks.

As soon as it's available we will post in here to let you all know.

Thank you for your patience.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
Crucial_Guru

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Release Date: 08/25/2011
Change Log:
  • Changes made in version 0002 (m4 can be updated to revision 0009 directly from either revision 0001 or 0002)
  • Improved throughput performance.
  • Increase in PCMark Vantage benchmark score, resulting in improved user experience in most operating systems.
  • Improved write latency for better performance under heavy write workloads.
  • Faster boot up times.
  • Improved compatibility with latest chipsets.
  • Compensation for SATA speed negotiation issues between some SATA-II chipsets and the SATA-III device.
  • Improvement for intermittent failures in cold boot up related to some specific host systems.

Guru, Crucial Moderator, US
Crucial_Guru

in reply to Crucial_Guru

Release Date: 01/13/2012
Change Log:
  • Changes made in version 0002 (m4 can be updated to revision 0309 directly from either revision 0001, 0002, or 0009)
  • Correct a condition where an incorrect response to a SMART counter will cause the m4 drive to become unresponsive after 5184 hours of Power-on time. The drive will recover after a power cycle, however, this failure will repeat once per hour after reaching this point. The condition will allow the end user to successfully update firmware, and poses no risk to user or system data stored on the drive.
This firmware update is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for drives in the field. Although the failure mode due to the SMART Power On Hours counter poses no risk to saved user data, the failure mode can become repetitive, and pose a nuisance to the end user. If the end user has not yet observed this failure mode, this update is required to prevent it from happening.

If you are using a SAS Expander please do not download this Firmware. As soon as we have a Firmware Update that will work in these applications we will release it.

Crucial_Guru

in reply to Crucial_Guru

Revision Firmware 000f is now available.  If you are updating the firmware on the Crucial Adrenaline drive, you must uninstall the dataplex software before attempting the firmware update.  Please visit the following link to download this firmware update:

Firmware Release Notes

Firmware for the m4 SSD is being updated from version 0309 to 000F.  The m4 is updatable to this new firmware starting from versions 0001, 0002, 0009, or 0309 in a single step.  If updating from an early version directly to 000F, all interim improvements will also be included (please see Release Notes for version 0002, 0009 and 0309 at crucial.com for details).

Changes between version 0309 and 0000F include the following changes:

•             Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.

•             Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.

•             Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.

This firmware update is recommended for all drives currently in the field if the end user is experiencing any of these symptoms.

Crucial_Guru

[ Edited ]
in reply to Crucial_Guru

Revision Firmware 010G for the 2.5 inch m4 and 01MG for the Crucial mSATA are now available.  If you are updating the firmware on the Crucial Adrenaline drive, you must uninstall the dataplex software before attempting the firmware update.  Also, you can not use version 010G to update the Crucial mSATA, or 01MG to update the Crucial 2.5 inch m4.  Please visit the following link to download this firmware update:

Release Date: 09/25/2012

Firmware for the Crucial m4 2.5” SSD is being updated from version 000F to 010G.

The m4 is updatable to this new firmware starting from any previous version in a single step.

This is an OPTIONAL update for any drive in the field. It is only recommended if the end user is experiencing an issue related to the following items.
Do NOT use any other m4 firmware update for your 2.5” SSD such as the 01MG firmware for the mSATA form factor.

Version 010G includes the following changes:

• Improved Trim response time
  • Improved power-on-to-ready time (known as POR, or TTR for Time-to-ready)
  • Improved resume-time from low power modes, and improved reliability of warm reboot
  • Improved power consumption by disabling HIPM (Host Initiated Power Management)

Additional details can be found in the firmware guide

Crucial_Guru

in reply to Crucial_Guru

Revision Firmware 040H for the 2.5 inch m4 and 04MH for the Crucial mSATA are now available.  If you are updating the firmware on the Crucial Adrenaline drive, you must uninstall the dataplex software before attempting the firmware update. Also, you can not use version 040H to update the Crucial mSATA, or  04MH to update the Crucial 2.5 inch m4.

Please visit the following link to download this firmware update:

firmware.PNG

Crucial_Katana

[ Edited ]

Firmware revision 25 for the V4 SSD is now available. Please visit the following link to download this firmware update:

Release Date: 2/20/2013

Firmware for the Crucial v4 2.5" SSD is being updated from version 22 to 25

Version 25 includes the following changes:

• Improved full disk performance.
  • Improved mixed mode performance.

Additional details can be found in the firmware guide

Installation of the latest firmware for the Crucial v4 SSD requires a USB flash drive as a bootable media and must be run from within Windows® 7 or Windows 8. The process of creating a bootable medium will erase any existing data on the USB flash drive, and due to the large number of in-depth improvement to the Crucial v4 drive, the firmware update will also erase all existing data on the SSD. We strongly recommend backing up your data before running the firmware update. We do not have an alternative update utility available at this time.

Note: The firmware update tool for Version 25 is not compatible with Mac® systems. If you are using your V4 in a Mac® system, please contact Customer Service for your region for assistance.

Katana,
US Moderator
Crucial_Katana

in reply to Crucial_Katana

Firmware revision 07MH for the Crucial m4 SSD is now available. This firmware update applies to the mSATA SSD, and should not be applied to any other Crucial SSD model.

Visit this page to download the firmware update: http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Release Date: 03/26/2013

Firmware 07MH is recommended for anyone currently running 04MH or previous firmware releases. It includes incremental improvements and refinements over these versions which may improve the overall user experience.

Like recent firmware versions, version 07MH has improvements over versions 000F which are specific for Windows 8 and new UltraBook systems, although systems running Windows 7 and other operating systems may also see improvements. Any m4 firmware version will function normally in Windows 8, even without these performance improvements.

The following is a summary of changes between 04MH and 07MH, which are independent of operating system:

• Resolved a power-up timing issue that could result in a drive hang, resulting in an inability to communicate with the host computer. The hang condition would typically occur during power-up or resume from Sleep or Hibernate. Most often, a new power cycle will clear the condition and allow normal operations to continue. The failure mode has only been observed in factory tests. The failure mode is believed to have been contained to the factory. This fix is being implemented for all new builds, for all form factors, as a precautionary measure. The fix may be implemented in the field, as desired, to prevent occurrence of this boot-time failure. To date, no known field returns have been shown to be related to this issue. A failure of this type would typically be recoverable by a system reset.

Additional details can be found in the firmware guide.

Katana,
US Moderator
Crucial_Katana

in reply to Crucial_Katana

Firmware revision 070H for the 2.5" Crucial m4 SSD is now available. This firmware update applies to the 2.5" SATA SSD, and should not be applied to any other Crucial SSD model.

Visit this page to download the firmware update: http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Release Date: 04/02/2013

Firmware 07MH is recommended for anyone currently running 04MH or previous firmware releases. It includes incremental improvements and refinements over these versions which may improve the overall user experience.

Like recent firmware versions, version 07MH has improvements over versions 000F which are specific for Windows 8 and new UltraBook systems, although systems running Windows 7 and other operating systems may also see improvements. Any m4 firmware version will function normally in Windows 8, even without these performance improvements.

The following is a summary of changes between 04MH and 07MH, which are independent of operating system:

• Resolved a power-up timing issue that could result in a drive hang, resulting in an inability to communicate with the host computer. The hang condition would typically occur during power-up or resume from Sleep or Hibernate. Most often, a new power cycle will clear the condition and allow normal operations to continue. The failure mode has only been observed in factory tests. The failure mode is believed to have been contained to the factory. This fix is being implemented for all new builds, for all form factors, as a precautionary measure. The fix may be implemented in the field, as desired, to prevent occurrence of this boot-time failure. To date, no known field returns have been shown to be related to this issue. A failure of this type would typically be recoverable by a system reset.

Additional details can be found in the firmware guide.

Katana,
US Moderator
Our Latest Posts