Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

Re: Intel Bringing TRIM Support To RAID0 With RST 11.5

in reply to lsdmeasasp

Yay! ICH9 support!  Can put off that upgrade a while longer yet. :smileyvery-happy:

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

in reply to targetbsp

:smileywink:

You have to upgrade sometime soon, I say grab Z77 when it comes out!

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

in reply to lsdmeasasp

It's getting closer now!! :smileysurprised:

I can't include source becasue it's from a competitor's SSD review, but if you can't find it and want a link PM me.

The Review doesn't use or test this, it's just included in the review as a heads up that it's coming soon.

Kilobyte Kid
Carmaine

in reply to lsdmeasasp

I can't wait for this!! Very excited.

While Crucial's Garbage Collection is one of the best in the business, this next step in the SSD revolution really helps ease the minds of those still unwilling to make the leap to buying SSD's. Also for those who use traditional HDD's in RAID 0 like myself.

I just bought my first SSD's from Crucial after over 10 years of using traditional HDD's, and I can't look back now. Very happy with my crucials so far.

SODIMM Sherpa
CarWiz

in reply to lsdmeasasp

I don't think I'd be loading that just yet on a system where you need to keep the data. It's still in Alpha testing.  :smileysurprised:

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
m0fus

in reply to CarWiz

it'd be fun. might see some funny business somewhere, re different ssds/controller FW/oroms. can't wait :smileyvery-happy:

in reply to m0fus

Same here!   :smileywink:

Actively looking for the Alpha for testing myself right now!

Tracer Lite
DooRules

in reply to lsdmeasasp

I ran that alpha for a few days weeks ago. I didn't have any issues with it, just wasn't any better than others that were available. 

Alpha can be downloaded here...

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm 

RIVE X79 with 3960x
3 x EVGA 580 HC2
16 GB Gskills 2133
2 x Plextor M3P 128 gb
2 x M4 128 GB in R0
1 x M4 128GB storage
Thermaltake 1200W PSU x 2
Bank and Slot Hot Shot
m0fus

in reply to DooRules

that's the old, pre trim alpha. there should be another 'alpha' that does indeed have trim (maybe a 'beta' :smileyvery-happy: )

in reply to targetbsp

targetbsp wrote:

Another option is, as they seem to have failed to achieve this over the past 2 years, it's obviously not easy.  There's always the possibility they've been trying to do it in software only and have been unable to do so and have now resigned themselves to the fact that people will have to have a raid rom update or new board? 

Yes, I am afraid that might be the case. How could you coordinate a OROM update on all the different mother board BIOS/UEFI releases, without the help of the board manufactures. Imagine the board manufactures having to provide a BIOS update to include an updated OROM on all their older boards. How far back would they go, 1366 boards, 775 boards? The logistics of that would be huge, and worst of all (Ha!) for no cost to the owners, but only for the board manufactures. What a mess, I hope that is not the case.

Considering how important this feature would be for enthusiasts, and the enterprise environment, I bet Intel is being extremely careful about it, and verifying it to the high heavens before releasing it. Given Intel's conservative nature, I'm sure they are taking their time.

Think of the advantage Intel would have in the PC world, over AMD not having this for their RAID software. Although this is free to the users, at Intels' cost, I could see increased sales of Intel based systems because of this feature. A very interesting thing in many areas, I hope it works out well.

Our Latest Posts