Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Upgrade Ace
error-id10t

Re: low 4K-64K with AS SSD

in reply to parsec

I'm not so sure I wouldn't define it as a 'true' issue. The only reason to doubt this is if AS-SSD itself has a problem. It's the only program that I know mesures this - we can easily compare 4k @ 1, 4, and 16 queue depth using Anvil and of course 32 with CDM.

If you look around, there are plenty of AS-SSD scores around showing what people are scoring for this. Many are well below what it should be on a 128GB drive (~280+MB/s). From what I see the 64GB drive gets around ~255MB/s so little less.

Us 256GB are still at ~180MB/s .. we missed out on the increase everyone else got (thanks Crucial). There was a review showing we peak at 8 QD while you guys keep going up (which explains it but also means in the real world this difference makes no difference).

Memory Leak Geek
daktona

in reply to parsec

parsec wrote:

daktona wrote:

MJF thanks for your reply and help, I tried the msahci driver but it's almost the same

We have no idea what PC/Laptop or hardware you are using, which is a must before anything can be determined. Looks like a SATA II connection from the read speeds, but your write performance is terrible.

I noticed your previous driver was "nvstor64", do you have a Nvidia chipset?

It is a MSI CR500 laptop with Nvidia chipset, SATA II, T6600 Intel CPU,  4Gb DDRII ADATA RAM at 800 Mhz, OS is Windows 7 64 bit

MJF
Binary Boss
MJF

in reply to daktona

Based on Anvil (Beta) test results my problem and maybe other people is that speed slows with Queue depth. My understanding with ACHI, Sata 3, NCQ enabled, aligned, Trim on this definitely shouldn' happen. I am using an early Asus P8Z68 Deluxe (No mention of Gen 3 so I don't know what Gen it is). I have posted performance earlier on.

A basic question for others with this problem (and Crucial) - should my M4 128GB be returned under warranty?

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

[ Edited ]
in reply to parsec

parsec wrote:

The pic of your AS SSD benchmark is not showing with that link.

There's a weird issue people seem to have linking images on some external sites that ends up with an extra [ / IMG ] tag on the end.  You have to remove that to see the pic.  And if you do, yes the 64k thrd results look fine to me also.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Binary Boss
kevindd992002

in reply to parsec

parsec wrote:

kevindd992002 wrote

It means I'm not affected by this issue?

The pic of your AS SSD benchmark is not showing with that link.

This "issue" does not affect everyone, and has certainly not been recognized as a true issue with the M4. I use three M4s and they work great, I have no problems with any of them.

The normal performance of a M4 depends on the SATA interface used in your PC, and also varies with the SSDs capacity, smaller capacities have generally lower write performance.

Sorry about that, here's the new link of my AS SSD test: http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo154/kevindd992002/as-ssd-benchM4-CT128M4SSD2122520117-45-27PM.p... .

I have SATAIII interface on my Sager NP8130 laptop. I just want to know thought if the values of my 4K-64Thrd speeds are normal?

MJF
Binary Boss
MJF

[ Edited ]
in reply to kevindd992002

Sorry about that, here's the new link of my AS SSD test: http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo154/kevindd992002/as-ssd-benchM4-CT128M4SSD2122520117-45-27PM.p... .

I have SATAIII interface on my Sager NP8130 laptop. I just want to know thought if the values of my 4K-64Thrd speeds are normal?

I wish I had your results. I'm running a high end own build computer and my 4K-64 results stink - yours are good.

Assuming you haven't already I wouldn't upgrade to firmware 000F unless you have to. Your write Acc time will increase!

Binary Boss
kevindd992002

MJF wrote:

I wish I had your results. I'm running a high end own build computer and my 4K-64 results stink - yours are good.

Assuming you haven't already I wouldn't upgrade to firmware 000F unless you have to. Your write Acc time will increase!

I actually did update to 000F already (on the day it was released) :smileysad: Is there any way to downgrade though? I thought Acc time increase was only affecting 256GB M4 owners?

MJF
Binary Boss
MJF

[ Edited ]
in reply to kevindd992002

kevindd992002 wrote:

I actually did update to 000F already (on the day it was released) :smileysad: Is there any way to downgrade though? I thought Acc time increase was only affecting 256GB M4 owners?

I have an M4 128 GB SSD.

I must state I am a relative novice on Crucial SSD matters! Based on my experience and what I have seen, if your benchmark above is with the 000F firmware then I'd sit tight - the figures look good to me including the Acc times.

I and some others seem to end up with an write Acc time of 0.37ms with FW 000F from 0.2ms with 0309.

Some people have an issue related to the title of the thread, including me. You don't appear to have this issue.

People here claim you can rollback to 0309. Crucial have stated rolling back voids warrantee. I asked about this in an earlier post and received no advice so far.

Upgrade Ace
error-id10t

The screenshot he posted shows he's not running 000f so I'm 100% sure the access time is the same now as everyone else.

Where has Crucial said downgrading from M4 000F firmware voids warranty here?

Kilobyte Kid
Buxstr

in reply to error-id10t

Just my 2 cents.  I think **bleep** is the drives themselves are somehow defective for those users with the 4k-64 issues.

I had similar problems as others where my 4k-64 read and writes dropped by about 50%.  I would secure erase and benchmark scores went back up initialy but dropped down again within a week or so of normal usage on my 128 Gb drive.  I started to also get blue screens occasionaly.  Not sure if the blue screens were my drive or something else but  I rma'd the drive, reinstalled from image and with 309 FW.   I have been able to maintain good performance for the 4k-64 read and writes for three weeks or so now, no more blue screens either but this blue screen fix could have been due to changing out some memory at the same time too.

Our Latest Posts