I have installed two 250 gb on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 and having problems installing Crucial 16 gb

Kilobyte Kid

I have installed two 250 gb on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 and having problems installing Crucial 16 gb

I have installed two 250 gb on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 and having problems installing Crucial 16 gb RAM. 

My Computer is a Macbook pro  13 inch - mid 2012
Processor  - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Original Ram - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics - intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I have installed 2x 250 SSDs sucessfully and i wanted to know if this model would support 16 gb ram.  the size of the ram i ordered fits perfectly on my Mac and it is also a DDR3 1600 Mhz.  I followed the steps of a tutorial i saw in youtube. i do not know much about computers just wanted to make sure i ordered the right RAM. i have also read common problems with the rams. i have pushed harder to make sure they are placed properly and so far it isnt working. the system gives me a panic error and then restarts itself. can anyone help me with this? 

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: I have installed two 250 gb on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 and having problems installing Crucial 16

@RonyMartins Thanks for contacting us. I I am sorry for the issues you've experienced with upgrading the RAM in your system. What is the part number on the memory that you purchased? It does look like your system utilizes 1600 mhz RAM and is upgradeable to 16GB of RAM.  We would advise attempting to install the RAM one module at a time to see if there is one defective memory module causing the issue. 

If you do have further issues or if it appears there is one defective memory module we would advise contacting us directly using the information in my signature. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Re: I have installed two 250 gb on my MacBook Pro mid 2012 and having problems installing Crucial 16

I had faced same issue. 

https://www.reviewsdir.com/