Blue screen errors

Highlighted
Bit Baby

Blue screen errors

i have installed on my Dell 7559 a new ram crucial ddr3 8GB 1600 and also a M.2 ssd crucial 525 and clned the system to it . i keep having blue screens

dxgmms2.sys

nvlddmkm.sys

and also memory managment error . this happens when playing games on my laptob and once while using google chrom . help

2 Replies
SODIMM Sherpa

Re: Blue screen errors

Chances are your memory needs to be reseated.    A lot of people don't get the memory fully seated.

However, it is always best to make one change at a time to a computer so if you do have an issue then you know right away what is causing it.   If you remove your new SSD and reinstall the original drive you can see if the new memory is Ok.    If there are no problems, then remove the original drive and reinstall the new cloned SSD.    If you now have problems, then there is either an issue with the new SSD or there is an issue with the cloning process.

You can also boot the Dell to a boot menu (usually pressing F12 during POST) and selecting the Dell Diagnostics option.  It will run through some basic system tests including a drive test and a quick memory test.   

This all assumes you had no issues before the upgrades.

Bit Baby

Re: Blue screen errors

i did the dell diagnostics from the biose and it ran the full test for about 5 hrs and the result was all passed . my problem happened 3 times in different situations 1st watching a movie using vlc from my external drive , 2nd while watching a video on youtube , 3rd while playing Cities Skylines . i didn't use my laptop for any of these apps and preformed the test that you suggested i updated all my drivers and also win10 i hope it helps

Tags (1)