Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
twocoolidge
Accepted Solution

Dell Vostro 420 memory upgrade

I am running a Dell vostro 420 with a solid state hard drive and windows 7 ultimate core 2 quad T9600  I have 4 slots and have 4-2 gb dual channel memory installed now it says that my machine can handle 192 GB memory with 64 bit windows 7 ultimate is this true can I install at least 16 GB or 32 GB in my computer

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Dell Vostro 420 memory upgrade

in reply to twocoolidge

Hi twocoolidge,

I have checked your system and the maximum memory it will take is 8GB.  You can see all the available upgrade options at the following link.

Dell Vostro 420

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
twocoolidge

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Thank you very much I just need a different chipset then and I also had one other question it says in my windows index that my memory calculations per second are keeping me down to a 7.2 with 8GB memory DDR2 800MHZ 1.8 volts also my Tower has a Solid State Harddrive so a speed booster is unacceptable to the machine unless Crucial makes one fast enough. The alert says that this machine is too fast for the speedboost technology. Heck 7.2 is pretty darn good when it only goes to 7.9 also my CPU is slowing it down to 7.2 Core 2 quad T9600

This is the first site or knowledge center that I have been on where I have been accepted and not put down or ridiculed in any way. I appreciate this I will only purchase Crucial Products as long as there is a choice in the matter regardless of the cost. THANK YOU

Kilobyte Kid
payrob

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I'd like to increase the memory on a number of work machines and all other specs say the Vostro 420 (which seems to have 4 slots) can take a maximum of 2 x 2GB (4GB) but this thread says 8GB. I'd love to buy and install 8GB on the machines but I'm uncomfortable doing so without knowing for sure, this response seems to contradict the Dell specs.

Bit Baby
DAVID21

Dell Vostro 420 memory upgrade

[ Edited ]
in reply to twocoolidge

Hi,

NO you get wrong information about that you can install only 4GB memory upgrate for this system

***Edit to remove Crucial competitor***

Thanks

DAVID

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to DAVID21

Hi DAVID21,

This system is guaranteed to support 8GB of memory and we have a very good sales history for that amount of RAM.

Anytime we recommend memory it has been tested in the system so I can guarantee that this system can support 8GB of memory from Crucial.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Our Latest Posts