Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kilobyte Kid
Richpartist

Inspiron 560

Just got a new 2GB DDR3 DIMM in the mail(amazon.com) but when I put it in, and I tried every slot,The power comes back on but nothing loads and I get a black screen.What can I do?

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

Re: Inspiron 560

in reply to Richpartist

Do you have a kit # or part # for the Crucial RAM you purchased?

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Kilobyte Kid
Richpartist

in reply to norepli

I hate to say this,but I didn't purchase it from here.I got it from a Amazon.com seller. 1arch computer

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

in reply to Richpartist

Hello Richpartist,

Along with the previously requested information, we would also need the make/model of your PC and, if home-built, the specific make/model number of your motherboard. You should also provide specific installation details (eg, how many RAM slots on your mobo and what slots you installed the RAM in). However, in your case, I think your best support would come from the company that originally sold you the RAM.

Good luck!

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Kilobyte Kid
Richpartist

in reply to norepli

Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop.Four memory slots.I tried putting the new one in the slot next to the first and then next to the second one and both times the computer wouldn't start up.Should I try and replace the first chip with the new one and if so,where would the "old" one go(which slot)?Any help would be appreciated :smileyhappy:

Kilobyte Kid
Richpartist

in reply to Richpartist

and the company I bought the chip from doesn't seem to have a web site and phone help stops at a certain time.

Kilobyte Kid
Richpartist

in reply to Richpartist

Didn't work :smileysad: It seems the two slots that have the chips that came with the compter are painted white and the two empty ones are black.I tried the chip in every slot and as long as that chip is in there the computer will not start up.The 1GB chips that are there already say this on them: SAMSUNG 1 GB 1Rx8 PC3 8500U-07-10-AO and the new @GB chip I got says this: DELL CERTIFIED GATEWAY TECH 2GB DDR3 DIMM 1066MHZ ROHS If its bad,its been bad from the start I quess :smileysad: Any more things I can do,and if I still want to upgrade my memory(which I still want to do) what do you all suggest?

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

in reply to Richpartist

Personally, I would send the RAM back for a refund and then I would use the Crucial Memory Advisor to select the proper RAM for your PC. You might also want to try the Crucial Scanner for even more exacting results.

Our Latest Posts