RAM upgrade Computer just BEEPS

Bit Baby

RAM upgrade Computer just BEEPS

Hello

i wanted to upgrade my PC RAM from 2GB to the Max 8gb the system can take, i found all the details using the Crucial scanner.

the old RAM sticker says, "2GB 1Rx8 PC3-10600U-9-11-A1, HMT325U6CFR8C-H9 NO AA 1207"

The new RAM sticker says, "DX4GDDR3U1333-AMD, PC3-10600U-1333Mhz"

and it says on the scanner it should work, but when i put them into the PC it just beeps and the screen stays black, the computer is a compaq 

Motherboard Specifications, H-AFT1-uDTX-1 (Adina2) Compaq CQ1110UK Desktop

THANKS

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: RAM upgrade Computer just BEEPS

@steve93 Thanks for your question. We would be happy to help you determine if this RAM is compatible with your system or not. Did you purchase this RAM on our site using the system scanner? Or, did you use the specs listed on the scanner to purchase the item elsewhere? Thank you for clarifying.  If you purchased directly with us the RAM should have a CT part number on the label. If we could have this information it will help us determine the compatibility. 

We would also advise following the troubleshooting steps here to make sure your RAM is installed correctly and that the RAM works together. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Re: RAM upgrade Computer just BEEPS

Hello, i used the crucial scanner to determine the correct RAM to use and purchased elsewhere. i have followed all the steps but still no luck.