Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

Any Android gamers here?

I compiled a list of all the games I have on my phone for another forum.  Android is my other tech hobby along with the SSD's!

Now I've noticed we have a subforum where people occasionally discuss gaming I figure I may as well post it here in case it helps someone find a new game!  None of them are mine and I have no association with Appbrain, Google, or any of the devs - I just like games. :smileyvery-happy:  But if non PC gaming is considered too far off topic, just trash this thread. :smileyhappy:

And yes, I have spent more on apps than my phone actually cost me.  **bleep** those tempting couple of $ price points that all add up. :smileytongue:  With the games that do cost, where possible, a free demo/lite version is linked.

These are mostly Turn Based Strategy, Management Games and Puzzle Platformers.  Listed in no particular order. 

Inotia 3: Children of Carnia - Action RPG, better controls than Zenonia IMO. Free (ad supported)

Shift - Platform Puzzler. As well as the traditional left, right, jump you can also 'shift' which inverts the landscape and puts you on the opposite side of whatever you were standing on. Has a kinda Portal feel to it. Lite version of a $1.99 game

Star Traders RPG - A sort of turn based version of Elite. A much better trading game than the various Dope Wars Variants. Free with an optional donation version with more features.

Heroes of Zulula - Turn based RPG with childish humour and odd combat. I can't actually put my finger on what I like about this game but I love it! Free with a donation version which has an extra level.

Great Little War Game - Absolute must for TBS fans. The benchmark Advance Wars clone. Very polished. Approx $3, no demo

Beyond Ynth Xmas Edition - Very polished, unique platform puzzler. I can't even begin to describe this, try it or watch a vid. 5 level demo of a approx $4 game

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom - port of the PC RTS series which works really well on a touchscreen as you don't have direct control of your troops - instead influencing them to patrol or attack certain areas with cash rewards. Lite version of a approx $3 game.

Templar Assault - a new game form the Star Traders game. Basically a mobile version of the Space Hulk boardgame. Free

Sword and Earrings - TBS that mixes things up by forcing an aggressive play style as both sides have unlimited reinforcements but an army size cap based on controlling points on the map. Makes a nice change from the traditional Advance Wars clones. Demo of a $5 game.

Knighturn - Sequel to the above. More of the same.

Micronytes - A nice precision platform game. Works better on a mobile than you'd ever imagine. And I hate Virtual DPads and suck at action games so that's saying something! Demo of an approx $2 game.

Populus Romanus - TBS following the combat rules of the Civilization series. Demo of an approx $3 game

Shadow Era - Like Magic the Gathering. Free

Fuzzies - A polished Lemmings clone. Approx $3, no demo.

Box Fox - A traditional platform puzzler, solving puzzles and flicking switches to get to the end of a level rather than dodging bad guys. Lite version of an approx $1.50 game

Revival 2 - Civilization. It's a lot better than its rating suggests. From the negative market reviews, most people failed to pay attention during the tutorial about how to switch between move and view mode! A $1 game for which there exists both a demo and a lite version and I don't know the difference between the two so I linked the full version here.

Refraction - A challenging logic puzzle game about bending, merging and splitting light beams. Much better than all other laser/mirror games. Lite version of a $2 game.

Furry Legends - A platform game, not especially popular for some reason but I just kinda like it! $2, no demo.

Gish - I think this controls better than the PC version. Free (ad supported, $1.50 for ad free)

Constant C - A unique puzzle platform where you can rotate gravity but only you and objects in close proximity to you are affected by the change. So you have to work out how to clear a path without being squished. Free

Spectral Souls - Squad Tactics JRPG. Commercial game - $15 (not a typo!), no demo. Needs 1gb of SD card space.

Aporkalypse - Pigs of Doom - Isometric Puzzle platform where you have to switch characters, Lost Vikings Style. Free (ad supported, approx $1.50 for adfree)

Symphony of Eternity - Final Fantasy style RPG. Especially nice because you can see and, if you wish, avoid the random encounter monsters! Paid, no demo. Not actually sure of the price as it's always under some weird special pricing offer!

Xenowar - X-Com/UFO clone. $2 game, no demo but you used to be able to get beta's to play with from their website.

Super Stickman Golf - A tanks/artillery style controls where you navigate maze like courses, taking your next shot from wherever your previous landed. Free

Virtual Pool - mobile version of the PC game where the speed you move your **bleep** at actually controls the shot power. Approx $2, no demo

Armored Strike - Tanks/Artillery/Worms type game. Lite version of a $3 game.

Enigmo - Puzzle game where you have to divert a flow of water in real time towards an exit. Kind of a cross between Refraction and Aparratus. $3, no demo

Vampire Slayer Squad - Space Hulk type game. Lite version of an unreleased game.

Emissary of War - 3D RPG by an ex Bioware employee. You control a warrior while the computer auto controls a ranged DPS. By hitting a button you can override the ranged dps and instruct him to heal you. approx $1, no demo

Grand Prix Story - manage your own GP team. Research and build cars train drivers, watch races. You will lose sleep! Demo of a $5 game

Game Dev Story - manage a game studio. Select the genres, train the staff. Much more fun than it sounds. You will lose more sleep! Demo of an approx $3 game

Everlands - a pretty unique TBS that's hard to describe so best demo'd. It's kind of like a cross between othello and a TCG game. Much more challenging than the cutesy presentation suggests. Demo of an approx $2.50 game

Battle for Wesnoth - port of the well known open source PC Advance Wars clone. Demo of a $4 game

Pocket League Story - Buy, sell, train players - win games! Lite version of a $5 game.

Townsmen 6 - Settlers style game. Free 9ad supported, approx $1.50 for adfree)

Mechanics Touch - platform puzzle game where you have to influence the environment to allow little guys to get to the end of the level. Kinda Mario Mini-land Mayhem. Approx $2, no demo.

Karoshi - Puzzle platformer where the aim, rather uniquely, is to kill yourself rather than reach the end of the level. With this in mind, they've made it impressively harder to reach danger in any given level than the typical platformer! $1, no demo

Domino Run - like that old domino rally game Pushover - with the ant and the quavers. Free demo of an approx $2.50 game

Age of Conquest - sort of Risk but based more on army sizes than dice rolls. Lite version for a series of games set in different regions of the world costing $3 or $4 per region. You only really need to buy the one region of interest (eg, Europe) unless a total addict!

MYFC Manager - a fairly in depth football manager/championship manager game. The low review scores seem down to incompatibility with some devices so be sure to try it within the 15 minute refund window! Approx $4, no demo

Uniwar - Advance Wars clone. $5, no demo

Tower raiders - Defense Grid style tower defense game. Demo of a $4 game

Tower Raiders 2 - nicer looking sequel to the above but full version costs $5 this time.

Toki Tori - great port of the PC platform/puzzle game. $2, no demo but there may be a PC demo you can try.

X Construction - Bridge builder, Pontifex, Bridge Construction clone. Demo of a $1.50 game.

Robotic Planet - a sort of futuristic version of settlers with robots. Collect resources, setup supply chains, with the goal of building enough battle robots to take out the enemy whilst he's trying to do the same to you. The AI seems a pretty determined player! Demo of an approx $2 game.

Sim City - a fully featured port of the classic game with nice UI features to overcome the small screen. £2.99+vat, no demo

Worms - good port, though controlling weapon power is a touch tricky on touchscreen. £1.39+vat, no demo

Piggy Adventure - a puzzle platformer. You have 3 characters of different sizes and strengths who can between them jump different heights, push different sized objects and fit in different sized gaps. You can switch between them at will and have to use them together to get all 3 to the exit. Free

Settlers HD - official port. Needs several hundred mb of SD card space iirc. $5, No demo

Plants Vs Zombies - Enough said. $3

Peggle - still enough said! $3

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lordgllynn

Re: Any Android gamers here?

in reply to targetbsp

With all those games, when do you ever find time to do any work?! :smileywink:

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

in reply to lordgllynn

And that's before we even get to the PC games, and my other time killer - the DVD's. :smileyvery-happy:

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lordgllynn

in reply to targetbsp

Talk about fullfillment of life. I'm surprised you find time for anything else. :smileyvery-happy:

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

in reply to lordgllynn

You also must have fantastic eyes to play those games on such a small screen!

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

in reply to norepli

Looking at all them might explain why I spent about 6 weeks avoiding monitors and phone screens where possible with an injured eye! Only really cleared up a week ago.

Kairosofts games, Game Dev Story and Grand Prix Story are the dangerous ones - so addictive.  They got played well past bedtime into the early hours, generally until the phone reached 1% battery!

We're just at the end of a Steam sale so I got plenty to play, mostly Indie stuff, on a big screen now!  Thankfully the beta test of SWTOR I played this weekend, whilst good, failed to keep my interested and it seems I'm over MMO's for good after giving up WoW a year ago after years of play.  Now *they* take up time!

I'd quite like to play Batman Arkham City but I had to send it back because neither of my computers would read disc 1. :smileyindifferent:

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

in reply to targetbsp

Football Manager 2012 was released on Android this afternoon.  That's going to cause me to wear out my phone battery!

Crucial_Katana

in reply to targetbsp

I more or less by accident stumbled across PuzzleQuest 2, free, when I was looking for games for my new phone this weekend. Hello nostalgia, byebye battery life! :smileyvery-happy:

Katana,
US Moderator
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to Crucial_Katana

I've been playing Super Monkeyball 2 a lot on my Android tablet, I love the fact that you can get all these older games on your phone or tablet now.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

[ Edited ]
in reply to Crucial_Junket

Hmm... I haven't updated this in a while. 

Here we go. :smileyvery-happy:

Where's My Water - it's quite a challenging puzzle game wrapped in the style of a casual game. Easy to use touch interface, optional collect 3 stars (ducks in this case!).  Approx $1

Monopoly.  A very nice conversion. 

Babylonian Twins - a nice polished puzzle platformer where you swap between 2 characters to complete the level.

Undead Invasion - one of those tower games where you spam units at the enemy with the aim of fighting through the opposing army to reach and destroy the enemies tower (unit in this case) whilst he's doing the same to you.  I don't usually like this type of game but I do this one for some reason, it's really addictive.  So it must be especially good to fans of the game type!

Ghost - a puzzle game where you record copies of yourself standing on switches to open doors to allow a future version of yourself through.  Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom fans (such as myself!) will find this excellent!

Anomaly Warzone Earth It's a reverse tower defense game where you have to buy, re-order and choose the route for your units past enemy turrets. You then have a guy you directly control who can repair your units and stuff.

Magic Portals - it's like Portal but in 2D

Super Androix - someone has FINALLY made a good Super Mario clone on Android!

Color Fusion.  A similar game to Refraction with different objects to solve the puzzles.

Squids It's kind of a cross between a turn based tactics RPG and... Pool.

They Need to be Fed Nice platform game!

FreeCiv!  Not sure much more needs to be said about this one.

Meon Another Refraction style bend light from a start point to end point type game:

Battleloot Adventure - Penny Arcade Adventure, Costume Quest, Super Mario RPG type game.

Dummy Defense - it's like bridge builder but rather than bridges you are building shelters for a crash test dummy with the aim of protecting him from boulders, bombs, trash compactors etc.  It's good fun for bridge builder fans and provides a bit of variety from the usual such games.

Star Colonies - it's a pausable strategy game where you're taking over planets at the same time as an AI opponent.  It's sort of galcon crossed with Civilization.  You have to construct buildings on the planets you conquer: power plants, factories to build fighters, labs for research, mines for resources etc.  You can upgrade your ships and buildings using research and then send your ships to conquer neutral or enemy planets

Trainyard - a nice puzzle game this.
It involves drawing track to get trains from a start point to finish point. But it's a puzzle game rather than a timing game like most track laying games. It's actually closer to those Refraction/Meon type games where you have to get beams of light from one place to another.

Rune Raiders This is good but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how to describe it lol. It's sort of a casual turn based rpg thing. Watch the video. :smileyvery-happy:

Call of Cthulhu: Wasted Land A turn based game using Laser Squad/X-COM mechanics. The works: action points, snap or aimed shots, overwatch/reaction fire, characters you can level up.

Mission of Crisis  An unusual genre to see on a phone. This is a squad based tactics game. Move your soldiers about to sneak up on, and ambush zombies utilising various special skills and managing a threat mechanic.

Spacelings
I'm not actually sure why this is free? It's a very polished puzzle game. I would have paid for it.
It involves routing a tractor beam around a level to rescue spacemen back to your ship. And there are a heck of a lot of different mechanics to add variety to that basic concept! Read the app description for them. :smileyhappy:

SolaRola is a nice platformer.  A choice of touch or tilt controls.  It's very addictive.

Spirits - it's like Lemmings.

A Story of a Band It's not my fault ifyou fail to sleep tonight because of playing this Rockstar Ate My Hamster themed version of Game Dev Story.

Total War Battles: Shogun It's like the tower defense/attack games where you build units to send at an enemy whilst he does the same to you. But it has basic base building and a level of unit control in which makes it MUCH more interesting (IMO)

Prince of Persia Classic!! The linked version is freemium, there's also a premium version for £1.99. Looks like the original game redone in nice graphics. Weighs in at 270mb vs one floppy disk for the original lol. There are multiple control choices on the in game pause menu. I don't like the default setup at all, so check those out if you struggle with it.

Plague Inc - you manage a global pandemic, but from the side of the virus! As time passes you determine how it evolves in terms of the symptoms it causes, its transmission and resistances. The idea is to wipe out the human race before a cure is found. As you play you are presented with 'fun' facts as you kill more people than the black death and infect more people than the common cold. Strangely entertaining. A good job I don't work in a medical research lab I guess!

Faerie Solitaire got a release.  This game is REALLY addictive and I don't especially like casual games. Nor solitaire.  It's that good!

Hunters: Episode 1 - a turn based squad tactics game. Simplified action point based where every move and shot takes 1 point. A guard mode to fire in enemy turn like overwatch, reaction fire etc. A variety of armours and weapons you can buy, sell and scrounge from dead enemies. Troops can be levelled up and learn various skills

Sleepwalkers Journey This is pretty darn cool! You have this guy auto walking to the end of a level and you have to move obstacles and platforms such that he doesn't fall, get blocked and to enable him to collect things.
You have to be planning the route immediately ahead whilst setting things up just in front of him. Makes you think fast - I like it!

Save The Puppies  It's a puzzle game in which you control a sausage dog on an isometric level where you move about one square at a time.  It's similar to Aporkalypse in that it's all about working out how to reach the end of the level although this time, rather than using different characters, you sort of use yourself.  By eating sausages you grow in length, snake style.  So you can sort of climb up ramps and use your own body as a stepping stone. Solving the levels, as in rescuing the dogs are easy so should be suitable for kids.  Getting all of the collectibles provides a bit of a challenge for us grown ups

Megacity - describes itself as Sim City crossed with Tetris. The aim of the game is to build houses such that the rating of them in the left column totals or exceeds a certain value at which point that column vanishes off the left and a new one appears on the right. The value of the houses is adjusted by various buildings you can construct such as schools and landfills which raise or lower the rating of houses around them.

Boulder Dash  comes with 93 levels in a modern style for 62p.  There are in app purchases of level packs mostly themed towards old school style graphics. Or you can buy a version with all the level packs included: The Full Collection.  I expect you'd only want this if you want it old school and/or are a big enough fan than 93 levels isn't enough for you.

Terraform got released on Android for free.  I have this on PC and its a fantastic, though difficult puzzle game.  I seem to recall reading they inserted new levels to make the difficulty curve less steep.  So you can rest assured that you should be able to get into easily whilst having a decent challenge awaiting you as you progress.

Symphony of the Origin just got an english translation.hey make loads of these games but this one is a step up from their previous games. In the description it says it's their first RPG designed from the ground up for smartphones. It's very nice looking, touch controls, trash mobs are visible (and hence random encounters are avoidable)

Global Outbreak
This is kinda like XCOM but with zombies and in realtime. You have the strategic overview layer of the earth in which you can build bases, perform research, maintain your squad of soldiers. Your racing against the clock to contain the spread of zombies. After which the powers that be nuke the remaining infected areas. When you send your soldiers in to clear out an area, you end up playing as a real time squad tactics game. You move your troops by clicking on the ground and target enemies by drawing lines through them.
Seems great the first couple of missions I've played and is free.

Plight of the Zombie - A puzzle game where you have to draw paths for zombies to eat brains and turn humans.  Some of the time its a stealth game where you have to sneak up on armed people from behind.  Others its a case of sacrificing your turned zombies to waste the humans ammo and that get them whilst they're reloading.  Free to download with a load of free levels. Some later level packs are an IAP

Highborn - a nice TBS from the creators of Command and Conquer

Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? - new out. This is an incredibly slick and smooth puzzle platformer. First few levels are free. If you have the slightest interest in platform games then you must give this one a go.
Strikefleet Omega - this is an older game I played a while back but it ran too slowly on my previous phone. You play a starship carrier fleet commander and have to draw intercept lines for your fighters to follow between your carriers and hostile enemy ships.  It's great fun.

Our Latest Posts