Kilobyte Kid
ltohio

PC wont boot and is unstable when it does

My computer doesn't like to boot when i use two sticks of ram, but i've tested both sticks and they work fine as long as i only use one in the system.  When i try using both sticks it doesn't post and sometimes a little light on my video card blinks (means its not getting enough power).  It takes about 10 restarts to get the computer working and is sometimes works quicker if i either: swap the memory into opposite slots or i change the pci-e cable running to my video card with a different one.  Any insight would be highly appreciated.

some specs

Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 1333mhz 1gb x2 kit

Gpu: HD 4850

Cpu: Phenom II 550

psu: Corsair tx 750

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: PC wont boot and is unstable when it does

Hi Itohio,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the stability of your system.  If you could confirm the full Ballistix part number I can check and see if it's the correct revision for your system.

The part number will look something like BLS4G3D1339DS1S00.16FE

As the modules are working on their own it seems like it's possibly an issue with your system settings or the memory revision.

I would also check with ASUS directly to see if they have a BIOS update for this system that resolves stability for certain memory types.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service