Couch to 5K (C25K) Running

JEDEC Jedi

Re: Couch to 5K (C25K) Running

Oops! Had my first fall. Smiley Sad  Visiting family for my nieces 8th birthday.  Took her and my 4 year old nephew out for a quick run around the block.  She retired after the first go.  We carried on for a second and I somehow lost my balance sprinting.  Ended up with a bandage around my left shoulder, left knee and right knee.  And grazes on the palms of both hands and top of my right hand.  Aching left knee (my troublesome one) and left arm.  Kinda stranded at my parents for a few days now not able to make the couple of hours drive back!

My parents looked absolutely shocked when I walked in the door with blood pouring down my right leg.  My sympathetic nieces first response:

"I've had worse" Smiley Very Happy

My nephew was a bit distraught so I then had to try and play Lego Batman with injured hands to calm him down.

Amusingly, the alternatives at the time were that second run around the block - or a game of Dominoes.  I chose poorly!

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

JEDEC Jedi

Just completed Insanity.  A workout 40 to 60 minutes, 6 days a week for 2 months.  The build up of muscle is, as it says on the box, insane.  But they're all incredibly worn out right now!  My leg muscles are twice the size they were but my legs want to fall off after 2 minutes running.  I need a rest. Smiley Very Happy

JEDEC Jedi

That Zombie Run is free from Humble right now: https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

I just got some new runnign shoes yesterday so will have to try it out!

Tracer Lite

Thanks for this thread. I haven't been running in about 10 months or something like that, and I used to run 5-6 times a week. But this helped get me motivated to get out there again.

I seem to remember 5km being a little easier than it was today, but was starting to struggle a bit when I got to the first uphill part about 2km into the run.

Smiley LOL

JEDEC Jedi

Never made it to 5k before retiring form injury last time.  But I'm quite impressed that on my second run after 6 months off I just did 2 miles non-stop and I'm not even out of breath.  That Insanity sure worked!  I could have gone further but that's about as far as I've ever been so was the run program I selected on the phone.

Highlighted
JEDEC Jedi

I did make it to 5k at the end of last year btw. Smiley Very Happy

Just revisiting to say I finally got around to going to a proper running shop and getting video'd and stuff.  My right ankle was all over the place.    Got me a pair of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brooks-Vapor-2-Running-Shoes/dp/B00S4PEOF0

Even to my untrained eye, the difference was huge over other shoes.  They straightened me right up.