Memory Leak Geek
bbresnan

No Suitable Graphics Device Found, Booting too fast for drivers to load?

First the good news. Boot time went from an average of 1:03 down to 27. Passmark DiskMark went from 488 to 1556.

I installed the SSC on a new HP P7-1287 specs link and there is an error: "No Suitable Graphics Device Found" at startup.

There were also issues with autoconnect at boot for wireless that started with the SSC instalation, but a download directly from Intel solved the wireless issue. There was a newer version for graphics as well, but that didn't fix the graphics error.

It's like the computer is booting too fast and now allowing the drivers to load first.

The Event View shows the error:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

nvelofsfltr

Graphics Specs:

Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

DAC Type: Internal Memory: 3857MB

Video BIOS: Intel Video BIOS

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2622

Driver Date: 1-10-2012

I can still use the system, but I was planning on selling it after I get some benchmarks. It doesn't look good with a Critical Error at startup.

I'm on hold with HP now.

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

Re: No Suitable Graphics Device Found, Booting too fast for drivers to load?

in reply to bbresnan

Very odd to hear!   Hopefully they can find a solution for you, as it sounds like there is something that needs changed, or enabled for user access to be adjusted, in the BIOS. 

And speaking of BIOS, did you already update to the latest version?  If not update and then enter the BIOS and load optimized then save and exit, and reboot back to the BIOS and set the SATA settings to what you need for windows, then save and see if it will boot properly after that.

Can you test this unit with a graphics card installed instead, just to see if that resolves the issue so you'll know it's an onboard graphics based issue only

Memory Leak Geek
bbresnan

in reply to lsdmeasasp

Thanks for the quick response.

Problem solved! I Skipped an obvious troubleshooting step. Startup Items.

I put Solitaire and IE in the startup folder to time startup times before and after. Should have taken those out first.

With Adrenaline Solitaire apparently opens before the graphics card is ready and that caused the error.

Without Adrenaline Windows was able to get online before IE would open. Then it would load a webpage. With the SSC it would come up with the IE cannot display the webpage error.

So far I could only get Solotaire to cause the graphics card error.

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
lsdmeasasp

in reply to bbresnan

Ahh, nice to see you figured that out!!

I was thinking you were getting this error before windows even started to load, or before the desktop at least anyway.   Glad you found it, we could have been stumped on that for weeks, or longer! :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy: