Memory Leak Geek
greshoff

crucial adrenaline solid state cache & acronis true image

Hi,

I am thinking of using a crucial adrenaline solid state cache with Dataplex cache software however I have a concern.

I currently make twice weekly back up images of my hard drive. Will I be able to continue to create usable back up images of hard drive while using Dataplex cache software? If I create an image of my boot hard drive & need to restore it will my computer boot and work with the restored image? or will I need to make images of  both the hard drive & SSD

Many thanks

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: crucial adrenaline solid state cache & acronis true image

Hi greshoff,

It's perfectly fine to make back up copies of your hard drive with the Dateplex software installed.

The software allows your Adrenaline drive to be seen as one with your existing hard drive, this means your system will see them as one drive and it will be backed up as one drive.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
super8boy

Greshoff raised the same issue on the Acronis Image backup software forum and added: "Apparantly using the Dataplex cache software the SSD is not seen as a drive so apparantly can't be imaged."

One of the moderators of the forum replied "Yes. We have seen this kind of problem with the more recent Intel chipset with SSD cache enabled. I believe you can disable the cache, do the backup with the recovery CD or in Windows."

What does this mean so, can it be backed up? How does the recovery scenario take place in this case?

Bit Baby
super8boy

Also read this on SSD caching and Acronis.

http://forum.acronis.com/forum/30445

Anyone tried this yet?