Crucial
Crucial_Dude

C300 Firmware update and Feedback thread

Hello,

The C300 firmware update has been posted.  You can find it at the following link:

http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

The process to update is only available as Boot from CD. We do not have an ETA on the availability of Boot from USB.

Release Notes (will be posted to the support site):

Change Log:

• Improved Power Consumption
  • Improved TRIM performance
  • Enabled the Drive Activity Pin (Pin 11)
  • Improved Robustness due to unexpected power loss
  • Improved data management to reduce maximum write latency
  • Improved Performance of SSD as it fills up with data
  • Improved Data Integrity

Note: This requires a Low Level Format to the SSD which will erase any data on the drive.
Please ensure that your data is backed up prior to performing the Firmware Update. We are hopeful that future Firmware revisions/updates will not be destructive.

Please feel free to leave any feedback here.

Dude, Crucial Employee, US
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Megabyte Maverick
Gustave

Re: C300 Firmware update and Feedback thread

[ Edited ]
in reply to Crucial_Dude

Thanks for the FW upgrade.

I have a problem, however, to execute it. I get the following message on screen:

351i00592BC7050BF7B1352i442EC56EAFDD551A

I followed the instructions. What went wrong? I have an Asus P6X58D Premium mobo with 12GB of DDR3-1600 Corsair RAM, a Core i7 980X CPU. I set the SATA as IDE in the BIOS. As you can see the SSD is recognised.

Do I have faulty memory? Should I attach the SSD to another SATA port? Maybe an error on the CD I burned?

Well, it will be sorted out, no doubt.

Regards!

MB: Asus P6X58D Premium, CPU: i7 980X. RAM: Corsair 12GB DDR3-1600, Bootdrv: 4x Crucial 256GB C300 RealSSD in RAID0 on a 3Ware 9750-8i SAS/SATA3 RAID Controller, Storage: Seagate 2TB SATA3
Binary Boss
bobfrost

[ Edited ]
in reply to Crucial_Dude

Well, I now have one dead C300!

The upgrade sw wouldn't find it while it was on the 6GB/s port of my GA-x58A-UD7 but it did find it when I moved it to a ICH port. It went through all the 'yes' questions, and ended up saying update successful, but the line before that said 'error on download', which I thought was strange.

Now it is listed as 00002 FW during bootup, but nothing seems to be able to see it apart from that, and my computer doesn't like having it connected at all! I don't use it as the sytem disk, thankfully, so I'm still in business. Will continue playing but am not hopeful. I had to RMA an OCZ Vertex after a dodgy FW update that left it dead.

Bob F.

Memory Leak Geek
involver

in reply to bobfrost

Any success stories?

Binary Boss
DragonRR

in reply to involver

EXACTLY the same problem as Bobfrost. It is my primary boot and I'm currently pretty peed off.

Binary Boss
twitch

in reply to DragonRR

I'll give it a miss then..  :smileywink:

Thanks for those who have tried, and given us the heads up..

Hopefully this will be sorted soon

:smileyhappy:

Binary Boss
DragonRR

in reply to twitch

It would be really nice to get a response from Crucial as to how I might go about fixing this problem. The firmware software doesn't seem to see the drive anymore. I can't get windows from the DVD to get past "starting windows" with the drive connected. I followed the instructions to the letter but just got "download error". Please help!

Memory Leak Geek
Anvil

in reply to twitch

I've updated 2 drives (256GB) on the X58A-UD7 using one of the ICH ports.

No issues at all.

For those of you using the GB boards you need to disable the Native SATA Mode.

(the next option below the controller mode which must be set to IDE)

Binary Boss
DragonRR

in reply to Anvil

I also have a X58-UD7. I did consider disabling Native SATA mode before trying the update but after re-reading the DOC it just said to set IDE. I assumed that if it wasn't correct the flash wouldn't start. Judging by your comment it may well be this that has caused the issue. Either way the drive refuses to by seen by the software native or not, AHCI or not. As Bobfrost mentioned the bios sees it in IDE mode with the correct size but the firmware itself doesn't. I'm going to try a couple  more things but I think it's bricked.

Memory Leak Geek
jxxaxxy

in reply to DragonRR

Same thing as Dragon.  I changed everything to IDE software seen the drive.  Performed the update and said it was complete and poof bios no longer will see the drive in any mode.  I also believe it is bricked as well ;-(