JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

Re: Crucial M4 128 GB Random Freezes

[ Edited ]

What was your firmware before? For 0309 and 000F you could think reflashing back over as they seem to be stable for many users.

You can check the SMART data of your drive, you could screenshot or copy SMART data with this tool. Also you could check system event viewer if there are any errors related to your freezes.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby
Gernu

I do not remember which was the version of firmware, it was the stock firmware, perharps 009??.

Here is CrystalDiskInfo screenshot, nothing wrong, isn't it?

It freezes 3 times while I was installing CrystalDiskInfo and writing this post :smileysad:

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

The errors in attribute C7 suggest a cabling problem.  Try reseating the drive, and if its a desktop, swapping the sata data cable.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby
Gernu

I tried using another cable and the problem is the same. The problem happens since I upgraded the firmware version to 040H.

I would try to rollback a old firmware version, perharps 039?

Kilobyte Kid
mpitogo

[ Edited ]

I just found this and I have two different Crucial M4 64GB SSD drives, both were purchased independently at different times, one at PCMall online the other at microcenter.  Both are used as boot disks, one on a MacMini and the other on a PC.  The macmini, started freezing early this summer.  I thought it may have been the hardware, I reinstalled the OS image from a time machine backup and it froze.  New install of Mountain Lion it froze.  Just as a test I dusted off a 320GB 7200 RPM drive 2.5" for the mini, did a timemachine restore and boom, rock solid.  Its used mainly as my itunes repository for entire house AirPlay.   So OK I thought it maybe just that one.  Recently the PC has started freezing. Yeeeh eeek.  I decided to lookup if there were any fixes, and I did see firmware upgrades.  I upgraded both and the PC still freezes. 

Just for reference, I have a 3rd 64GB SSD from Kingston an SSDNOW V+ in a MacBook Pro which stills to still be working like a champ.

The SSD from the MacMini appears to be ok from Disk Utility but restoring backups onto it fail everytime.  I was able to get an OS installed but it may not be hitting the areas that are bad.  Not sure waht to do with it at this point.