Memory Leak Geek
Andrew-_85
Accepted Solution

Got the crucial M4 what do I do now?

Hi guys I'm new in the Forman and I just got the crucial M4 128gb I want to install windows 7 and them restore the copy I made,what should I do now to install it and make everything work properly?

Thanks
Bank and Slot Hot Shot
m0fus

Re: Got the crucial M4 what do I do now?

[ Edited ]
in reply to Andrew-_85

hey andrew,

you mean you want to restore an image you already have? if you purchased the bundle with the included imaging app, just follow lthe directions. if you didn't receive the software, you can use an app that was recommended by targetbsp, called macrium:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

it's important that your imaging app properly aligns the image/new partition on the ssd

you can also do a fresh install like you would on any hdd. after you have imaged over/installed to the ssd, go to control panel/system, and run the WEI. this will let windows know you have an ssd, so windows knows not to auto defrag that particular volume.

in reply to m0fus

Hi Mofus 

So I installed windows 7 correcly and restored my fresh imge of windows with acronis true image.

Everything went well and it seems to work properly.

The only thing is that I'm not getting the performance i was expecting,I Did whatever there is to do to improve the performance of the ssd but still nothing,I think it's because my asus G73jwa1 doesn't support sata 3,what do you think about it? 

2.PNG 

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
m0fus

[ Edited ]
in reply to Andrew-_85

images are moderated, so it may be a bit before we can see it. can you open as-ssd, and see what your alignment is?

as ssd:

http://alex-is.de/PHP/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=4&download_id=9

you can also try what targetbsp linked to in this post:

http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Poor-Performance-on-M4-Dell-M4400/m-p/71405#M220...

in reply to m0fus

alright! a fellow rog'er

in reply to m0fus
Excuseme mofos what do you mean?

I'm on my iPad but as soon as I get home I'll do the test and send it to you.
Memory Leak Geek
Andrew-_85

in reply to Andrew-_85

Hi Morfos so this is what I got

tt.JPG

Bank and Slot Hot Shot
m0fus

[ Edited ]
in reply to Andrew-_85

looks like caching needs to be active on that volume. sometimes windows doesn't have caching active (even though the cache 'box' is checked). to make sure, you would go to computer, right click on C, properties, hardware, your ssd, policies, and uncheck the cache box, then reboot. once back in windows, go back and recheck the box, and test again. 

[ Edited ]
in reply to m0fus

i also notice you are using the native MS driver. you may get better caching using the latest intel rst ahci driver. also, you might want to set windows power options to 'performance', making sure that the ssd is set to never power down,and that the pci-e setting of lpm is set to off. there are also some bios settings you can change, like disabling c states, but let's get the latest intel rst ahci driver installed first.

in reply to m0fus

thanks for your help!!

so this is the situation with the chace checked - battery on performance and the new intel driver.

4.JPG