Kilobyte Kid
james54321

CT51264BA1339 4GB Memory Timings

My gigabyte board (EX58 UD3R) is seeing these memory modules as 8 timings and the modules are not booting up. I therefore need to manually input the timings for these modules, and there is very little info about this other than 9-9-9-24-1T. I am trying to run 12gb (3x4GB modules)

Could you please advise the correct timings for the following settings. the bracketed numbers are what i have been able to deduce so far.

Cas Latency Time  (9)

tRCD                         (9)

tRP                            (9)

tRAS                         (18)

tRC                            ?

tRRD                         ?

tWTR                         ?

tWR                           (9)

tWTP                         ?

tWL                            ?

tRFC                          ?

tRTP                          ?

tFAW                          ?

Command rate     (1T)

many thanks

many thanks

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

Re: CT51264BA1339 4GB Memory Timings

in reply to james54321

Hello,

Have you installed the latest BIOS update?

Have you tried setting your BIOS to "fail-safe" defaults?

Are your BIOS SPD options set to auto?

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Kilobyte Kid
james54321

in reply to norepli

hello

Yes i have the latest bios, and when set to auto it was reading the memory as 8 and not 9 timings.

I think there maybe a problem with the on chip memory controller and wanted the memory timings to input manually.

if i could have the full memory timings that would be very benificial so i can enter them in manually

many thanks

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

in reply to james54321

Hello,

I cannot fill in the blanks for all those timing parameters; however, if someone from this forum can do that for you, they are going to get a nice Kudo from me! Anyway, while you are waiting for an answer, I just have to ask (because you did not mention this specifically) if you have tried testing these modules "one at a time" to see if you can boot?

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Kilobyte Kid
james54321

in reply to norepli

Hi

Yes these modules will boot when inserted one at a time. The problem arises when trying to use 2 (boot 10% of the time) and never boots with all three. I was advised that the auto memory detect doesnt always works when using all three dimms hence wanting the details to enter the timings in manually as a i know this has been a problem with some x58 (intel i7 socket 1366) boards. 

thank you for your time and lets hope someone has the timings!

Dual Channel Surfer
norepli

in reply to james54321

Hello again,

While you are waiting for those timings, I thought of something else you could try. Per the spec below, have you tried running dual-channel with 2 matching sticks installed in slots DDR3_1 and DDR3_4. If not, please give it a shot and see what happens.

chan1-4.jpg