Matt_TheCru

Cloning with Acronis True Image HD 2014

by Matt_TheCru on ‎06-17-2014 09:57 AM

This article applies only to the Acronis True Image HD 2014 download editions with product keys included. If you are using the standalone CD version from our install kits, this article applies instead.

Acronis True Image HD 2014 is now shipping with select Crucial products. For assistance downloading, installing, and activating your software, our knowledge base details that process. Once done, the following video can show you how to use the software to begin the cloning itself.

Comments
by geminitechie on ‎06-24-2014 03:54 PM

Maybe I'm just missing something here but if I'm replacing, say, a laptop's hard drive with an SSD, The first instruction says to "Connect your new SSD to the system. . ." I find unclear. What system? Are we talking about removing the drive from the laptop and connecting it to something - system - or does the drive remain in the laptop and the new SSD connects to what? Granted, once I order and receive the kit, it will probably be self evident but just would like to know. And, maybe others might be more inclined to give it a try.

by Matt_TheCru on ‎06-26-2014 07:36 AM

In a laptop specifically, assuming your system does not have multiple internal SATA ports, you will need to use a SATA-to-USB connector to connect the new drive externally while the original drive stays internal (you can reverse the locations, but there's rarely a need for this). Our laptop install kits include a cable cable for this, but any other vendor's SATA-to-USB adapter or USB enclosure will work as well.