Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cloning with Acronis True Image HD 2014

Posted By Matt_TheCru 6 Comments

Cloning with Acronis True Image HD 2014

on ‎06-17-2014 09:57 AM
Posted By Matt_TheCru Posts: 14 Registered 07-09-2013

This article applies only to the Acronis True Image HD 2014 download editions with product keys included. If you are using the standalone CD version from our install kits, this article applies instead.

Acronis True Image HD 2014 is now shipping with select Crucial products. For assistance downloading, installing, and activating your software, our knowledge base details that process. Once done, the following video can show you how to use the software to begin the cloning itself.

Comments
by geminitechie on ‎06-24-2014 03:54 PM

Maybe I'm just missing something here but if I'm replacing, say, a laptop's hard drive with an SSD, The first instruction says to "Connect your new SSD to the system. . ." I find unclear. What system? Are we talking about removing the drive from the laptop and connecting it to something - system - or does the drive remain in the laptop and the new SSD connects to what? Granted, once I order and receive the kit, it will probably be self evident but just would like to know. And, maybe others might be more inclined to give it a try.

by Matt_TheCru on ‎06-26-2014 07:36 AM

In a laptop specifically, assuming your system does not have multiple internal SATA ports, you will need to use a SATA-to-USB connector to connect the new drive externally while the original drive stays internal (you can reverse the locations, but there's rarely a need for this). Our laptop install kits include a cable cable for this, but any other vendor's SATA-to-USB adapter or USB enclosure will work as well.

by Matt_TheCru ‎01-16-2015 01:48 PM - edited ‎01-16-2015 01:49 PM

Some users have reported difficulty in successfully cloning using the Windows version of Acronis True Image HD 2014. The process below details creating a bootable CD or USB drive to launch the Acronis Software from directly without ever loading Windows. This requires either a blank CD or USB drive. While testing has shown this process is non-destructive to existing USB drive data, our recommendation is you remove any files from a USB drive you intend to use as bootable media in this way to eliminate the risk of data loss from this process.

1. To begin, from the main screen of Acronis True Image HD 2014, select the "Backup and recovery" tab.
  2. Click the button for "Create bootable media". 
  3. A new Window for "Acronis Media Builder" will appear. Click Next to proceed.
  4. The next screen will have you select what programs to place on the bootable media you are creating. Check the box next to Acronis True Image 2014, then click Next.
  5. An options menu will appear next. Nothing needs to be set here for normal use of Acronis, so simply click Next.
  6. A list of connected media the bootable device can be created from will be displayed. Select the desired target (in our example, USB drive letter 'I'), and click Next.
  7. If everything looks correct in the process summary, click Proceed.
  8. A progress indicator will appear as your bootable media is created, and once complete a notification window will appear. Afterward, you can close all Acronis windows.

From here, you will boot from the created media, adjusting your BIOS/UEFI boot menu options if necessary to do so, and run the Acronis software to clone your source drive to another target disk.

by nakikim on ‎02-24-2015 10:51 PM

SSD: MX100 512gb

I tried both ways. However, they don't work. 

For windows mode, after rebooting, it gave me a message about removebale media. 

If I answer "yes", it just give me above quesiton again and again. For answer "No", nothing happens. 

So I take bootable media option, the message i got is like below.

"You have only one drive. This program is designed to work with two or more drives."

Please confirm that this program is workable for me or not. 

by kfeige on ‎03-02-2015 11:45 PM

I'm having the exact same problem as Nakikim is having. If I try to do this via Windows it says that ther eis no disk in the drive. If I do this through the CD bootup disk, it hangs after I choose to run Acronis True Image (par for the course with Acronis). So what's the solution to this problem? The drive I bought was $220 and it's useless now.

by nakikim ‎03-03-2015 12:21 AM - edited ‎03-03-2015 12:22 AM

Well, here is my suggestion to kfeige as a victim of poor program or its support which only give me partial solution.

I am successful with clonezilla which is a well made GNU software from Taiwan geniouses.

Here is my suggestion from successfully duplicate hdd to sdd.

1. Install clonezilla on USB stick or use Acronis on USB. -> it is exactly same from internet instructions.

2. Physically install both SDD and HDD to USB capable external case or whatever. The point is that make them usb connectable so that

Your program will notice your devices as USB, not as internal hdd which is not detected on your program apparently.

3. Before running your program, check your mother board bios whether those usbed storages are detected or not. If it is not detected on your mother board, it will probably be not detected on your software either. If it is not found, change your usb port untill you find your devices in bios level. If not, I higly recommand you find another computer and do above process instead of fixing this issue on your computer.  

4.  At this point your pain will be gone. Just follow Matt_TheCru's steps or instruction on internet.

Good luck