Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cloning with Acronis TrueImage HD

Posted By Matt_TheCru 7 Comments

on ‎02-14-2014 09:13 AM
Posted By Matt_TheCru Posts: 11 Registered 07-09-2013

6/17/14: Some Crucial products are shipping with a product key for Acronis True Image HD 2014. The video for that version is here, and instructions for installing and activating it are here. This post is specific to the CD-based version only.

Acronis TrueImage HD, currently being included in our desktop and laptop install kits, can quickly and easily clone one drive to another. Here is a video of it in action.

The above example shows cloning an external hard drive to an internal SSD, but the Acronis software is flexible enough to clone SSD to SSD, hard drive to hard drive, internally and externally.

Crucial's install kits which include this software are currently available at the following links:

Desktop Install Kit

Laptop Install Kit

Comments
by Philip_B on ‎03-29-2014 12:35 PM

Hi Matt,

I will be cloning my Hd to my new SSD soon and just viewed the video, I am cloning from a Laptop with three Partitions C, D Recovery. Can I clone just the C and D Partitions? I will not need the recover Partition as this will be to a rebuild of a desktop. I have not received my SDD yet or the Install kit, So if I am asking something that will obvious after I boot the disk I apologize.

Thank you for your time

Philip_B

by Matt_TheCru on ‎04-21-2014 02:30 PM

Hi Philip,

Sorry about the late response. Acronis TrueImage HD does not allow you to selectively clone partitions, but you could delete any unwanted partitions after cloning and resize the remaining partitions using Window's Disk Management or any other partition management software of your choice to resize the remaining partitions to take up the newly unallocated space afterward.

by dullnigj on ‎05-17-2014 06:59 AM

Hi Matt,

I just purchased a new laptop (Dell) and a M500 SSD.  Your video was very helpful as I prepare to install the SSD (and void the laptop warrenty :-)).  Sequence of Operations? Is it best to install the SSD in the laptop first and then clone or clone first and then install?

Also, I am assuming that Acronis TrueImage HD Windows 8.1 compatable. Correct?

Thx,

John

by Matt_TheCru on ‎05-22-2014 01:16 PM

Hi John,

Both sequences should work the same, whether you put the SSD in first or clone first. The only difference would be the order in which the devices present and the labelling Acronis uses to describe them in the software.

Regarding Acronis TrueImage HD, two revisions are available. Revision 5294 predated Windows 8/8.1, and while many users see no issues, some UEFI features, GPT source disks, or sources with a large number of partitions have been seen to create conflicts with that revision. If you received the older revision from us and experience any difficulties, please contact support for either troubleshooting or an updated version of that software.

by JerryBoyd on ‎07-08-2014 06:04 PM

I have been trying to clone to a crucial 500  using the acronis REV 0713 , have not been able to get the system to boot from cd. Been on most of these forums,and crucials service,they sent me another acronis , it was the same as the one I have. Ineed to know how to get this thing to boot from the dvd/cd, I don't know how to change the bios, since the win 8.1 doesn't  apparrently have bios persay. I need specific instructions. I've watched all the videos and read as much as I can, but haven't been able to boot from the cd.

by Matt_TheCru on ‎07-29-2014 03:36 PM

Your BIOS or UEFI should be accessible regardless of OS, and accessing it will be done before Windows begins to load. Beyond that we do not have specific entry methods for getting into your BIOS as they vary by system or motherboard manufacturer, but most vendors will commonly allow entry by pressing one of the function keys (F1-F12), Insert, or Delete immediately after you power the system on. They will typically state what to use on your system's splash screen immediately after your system comes on.

by LittleDave on ‎09-13-2014 04:18 PM

Hi,

I am about to install a 240GB Crucial SSD as the System/boot disc for my Dell Inspiron Desktop 580. I will keep current 1TB HDD as an interrnal storage disc. The 1TB disc has ~500GB on it so I only want to clone the Windows 7 64Bit operating system and installed programs to the 240GB SSD.

I assume I can do this by choosing the "Manual" Clone option? Please advise which method I should use.

Thanks