Debit Card Rejected

Kilobyte Kid

Debit Card Rejected

Okay, so I just tried to make my first purchase from this site this past Friday, and I had to do a lot of stuff before it would accept my debit card. I then received an order receipt in my email, just like normal. Now, fast forward three days, and then I get an email today, Monday, stating that my debit card is declined. It just so happens that I get an email from Amazon stating that an order that I made with them that same Friday as the Crucial order, has been shipped. I also made certain that I would have enough money on the card between the Amazon order and the Crucial order, so my card can't possibly be declined. Then I went to check my balance, and then I find out that my money appears to have been taken by Crucial, even though the email they sent me said that the order was cancelled before it was shipped. Later today, that same Monday, I called Crucial's customer support. I was then told that it was most likely a problem with some sort of authorization, and that I should call the service number on the back of my debit card and have their customer service straighten things out. It just so happens that the card brand is Visa. I then call them, only to be told that it's a problem with Crucial.

In short, what is going on, and how do I fix it?

1 Reply
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Debit Card Rejected

I have a similar problem. It seems this doesn't matter to Crucial.